INFIGO was engaged in the ECI (Early Contractor Involvement) phase to assist Four Seasons with their major ballroom and pre-function spaces refurbishment project in Sydney. Acting as the construction manager during the pre-construction phase, INFIGO worked with the design team; which comprised of Batessmart, JHA, Point of View and Sangster Design to further develop the design to meet the client’s brief, budget and programme. INFIGO also worked with Four Season’s nominated AV provider – AV Partners to provide cutting-edge audiovisual technology to the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, ensuring it remains at the forefront of innovation in meetings and events.
One of the key features of the renovation is the installation of a 12-metre-wide by 3.5-metre-high (40 x 11.5 foot) LED screen – four times larger than a traditional projector screen – which will run impressively sharp 4K video and high resolution imagery with spectacular sound to match. Other design features on the project included:
- Custom designed chandeliers with progressive lighting design by Point of View,
- Custom designed coffers and carpet,
- Feature glazing to pre-function space made of low iron faceted glass blocks with hand silvered mirrors,
Key challenges on the project included:
- Working in a live environment within a 5 star hotel,
- Assuming the D&C (Design & Construct) role on this project, working collaboratively with both consultants and subcontractors,
- Taking on the ballroom kitchen refurbishment package, which had to be delivered at the same time as the ballroom and events renovation works,
- Intensive involvement and negotiation with suppliers for long lead time items which had to be procured from various parts of the world,
We are proud to have completed the project on time, within budget and exceeded both the client and project team’s expectations in terms of quality.